Past International Awards
INTERNATIONAL AWARDS OF THE TEXAS - OKLAHOMA DISTRICT OF CIRCLE K INTERNATIONAL
The Hodges and Rodehorst Distinguished District Award was designed to recognize Districts which, during an administrative year, have excelled to a high degree of achievement through membership growth, increase in event attendance, and projects carried out by the District Board of Officers. Andy Hodges of Carthage, Illinois was the appointed chairman of the Kiwanis International Special Committee on Circle K Clubs in 1952 and worked to establish the disparate Circle K clubs into Circle K International. Armand J. Rodehorst of New Orleans, Louisiana was another member of the Special Committee on Circle K who advocated for the the organization to gain "International" status. As Kiwanis International Trustee, Rodehorst served as the 1958 Circle K Chairman.
The Frank B. Fulton Distinguished District Governor Award was designed to recognize District Governors who provide guidance to their fellow District Board Officers, opportunities for members throughout their district, and inspiration for any member who seeks to change the world.
- 2016-2017, Miti Patel
- 2015-2016, Jennifer Tuggle
- 2014-2015, Marcelo Urieta Bravo
- 2013-2014, Allison Macias, née Prisco
- 2012-2013, Sanjuana Perez, née Zavala
- 2011-2012, Donnesh Amrollah
- 2008-2009, John Cano
The R.P. "Reg" Merridew Distinguished District Secretary Award was designed to recognize District Secretaries who thoroughly detail the matters of District Board meetings, communicate and assist club secretaries with Monthly Report forms, and assist the District Board with effective reporting methods.
- 2016-2017, Robbie Day (Distinguished with Excellence)
- 2013-2014, Cortney Ferris
- 2001-2002, Dave Ragan
- 2000-2001, Brian Moulton
The R.P. "Reg" Merridew Distinguished District Treasurer Award was designed to recognize District Treasurers who go above and beyond the call of duty, fulfilling their responsibilities and serving their district and membership to the best of their abilities.
- 2017-2018, Christina Civis
- 2015-2016, Eric Yan
- 2014-2015, Jennifer Tuggle
The George H. "Dad" Gray Distinguished District Editor Award was designed to recognize District Editors who effectively reach members of their district through newsletters, promotional materials, graphics, and other mediums to promote the activities of the district as well as the values of Circle K International.
The Jay N. Emerson Distinguished Lt. Governor Award was established to recognize lieutenant governors who have excelled in their CKI endeavors and service to their Circle K divisions.
- 2017-2018, Dylann Lowery
- 2013-2014, Marcelo Urieta Bravo
- 2012-2013, Allison Macias, née Prisco
- 1979-1980, Mark Willingham
- 1979-1980, Clark Haley
The Distinguished District Chairperson Award was designed to recognize District Chairpersons who selflessly dedicate their time, either alone or with a committee, to benefit the membership of their district in a specific area of interest.
- 2000-2001, Jesse LaRou Walsh
The A. Doug Wasson Distinguished District Administrator Award was designed to recognize District Administrators who go above and beyond assisting their Circle K District Board of Officers by encouraging change, fostering growth, and being a source of support throughout the term.
- 2015-2016, Hunter Faubion
The Distinguished Kiwanis Committee Member Award was designed to recognize members of Kiwanis who greatly assist in the moral, technical. and physical support of their assigned Circle K District Board of Officer in order to bring success to their district.
- 2017-18, John Cano
The R.D. "Gus" Gustafson Award for Outstanding Kiwanis District Support Award recognizes those Kiwanis districts that have excelled in their support of the Circle K district.
The Growth Enhances Membership (G.E.M.) Awards Program was instituted to recognize clubs which achieve success in membership growth as compared to their previous year's paid membership total. The program recognizes clubs in four divisions: Ruby (clubs with 1-19 members during the previous year that have met charter strength in the current year); Sapphire (clubs with 20-40 members during the previous year); Emerald (clubs with 41-65 members during the previous year); and Diamond (clubs with over 65 members during the previous year).
- 3rd Place, Emerald Division - The University of Texas at Dallas
- 2nd Place, Ruby Division - The University of Texas at San Antonio
- 1980-81 - Honorable Mention - Blinn College
- 1979-1980 - Honorable Mention, Midwestern State University
- 1980-1981 - 3rd Place - March of Dimes, Midwestern State University
- 1979-1980 - Midwestern State University
- 1979-1980 - Blinn College
- Silver, Honorable Mention - Midwestern State University
- Bronze, Honorable Mention - Texas Tech University
- Karen Garcia, Southern Methodist University - Ballet
- Laura Selensky, Blinn College - Singing
- 1980-1981 - 2nd Place, Darrell Ford, Oklahoma State University
- 1979-1980 - Tim Henderson, Blinn College
- 1980-1981 - Gold Division - T-O District
- 2000-2001 - Danny Rigamonti, ??? / Rebecca Williamson, Midwestern State University